- Can I download as many resources as I like form Teaching Treasures?
- Why can't I open the pdf documents with acrobat® reader?
- I paid for membership, why can't I download, print or view the resources?
- Do answers come with the pdf worksheets?
- Does Teaching Treasures offer free program disks to students?
- Why doesn't a page display, yet the rest of the site does?
- Can I use Teaching Treasures graphics on my web site?
- Can I print Teaching Treasures graphics?
- Can I print and share the resources I downloaded from Teaching Treasures?
- How can I have my link displayed on the link pages?
- Why has my link been removed from the Teaching Treasures links page?
- Can I move the Teaching Treasures link to another area of my web site?
- Can I place Teaching Treasures links in my own member's area?
- I believe a wrong answer is displayed on an online activity, can it be corrected?
- My questions is not here, what can I do?
- Why do I not get a written response to my emails?
- Why can't I open the pdf documents with acrobat® reader?
- Can I print and share The Teacher Assistant software resources to others?
- Have you got software patches for the Teacher Assistant?
- Why won't the pictures display?
- Why are there X boxes displayed on some interactive pages?
- Why won't my document print?
- Why do some options on KidsArt not work?
- Why can't I view or print the pdf's?
- Why can't I access an interactive activity.
- Why does the Internet connection activate?
- What technical support do I receive?
- Do I have to register this product?
- Can I purchase a school license?
- Why can't I re-install the software?
- Why is the browser not working properly?
- Why are the fonts so big or too small?
- Can I copy text and pictures?
- Q 1: Can I download as many resources as I like from Teaching Treasures?
- A: You may view our resources to see the suitability for use. If you find them suitable, the resource can be purchased from our product books or you may download them, however you must pay the fee for the quantity of copies required to the Copyright Clearance Centre USA or contact us for a copying price usually 4 to 6 cents a copy. Please also read our copyright notice.
- Q 2: Why can't I open the pdf documents with Acrobat® reader?
- A: Sometimes older versions of Acrobat® reader do not work. You need to re-install a newer version of Acrobat® reader on your computer. Re-install Acrobat® reader. This should solve any problems. Please uninstall the old version before you install the new version of Acrobat® reader.
- Q 3: I paid for membership, why can't I download, print or view the resources?
- A: If you have been charged money for our materials we would be grateful if you could contact us about the problem and we will sort the problem out with the vendor.
- Q 4: Do answers come with the pdf worksheets?
- A: Most pdf worksheets come with the necessary answers and suggested activities. Some lower year levels may not have answers due to the basic learning area but the teacher keys come with suggested activities.
- Q 5: Does Teaching Treasures offer free program disks to students?
- A: Not at this time, we do however occasionally promote products to our customers at no extra charge.
- Q 6: Why doesn't a page display properly, yet the rest of the site does?
- A: Try to refresh your browser or open a new browser window sometimes the web servers don't supply all relevant digital information, refreshing the browser will request the information again. If the problem is still happening please contact us.
- Q 7: Can I print and share the resources I downloaded from Teaching Treasures?
- A: You must abide by the copyright Act.
- Q 8: Can I use Teaching Treasures graphics on my web site?
- A: No! Most of the graphics are unique to Teaching Treasures and are copyrighted property of our graphic artists, permission may be granted to use them but you will need to ask. Also some graphics we use are copyrighted property of Microsoft®. To use Microsoft® graphics visit their web site or purchase their software for legal use.
- Q 9: Can I print Teaching Treasures graphics?
- A: Students may print our graphics and pic's only under the fair use clause of the copyright Act, if used for educational purposes only e.g. essays and projects.
- Q 10: How can I have my link displayed on the educational links page?
- A: 1) Visit HERE>>> for banner or text links. 2) If you would like to exchange text links, email us if you think that your web site has something to offer to educators or has related educational material and you are willing to reciprocate our link from your website. We will email you back if your web site is suitable for linking, your link will be reciprocated. Our link checking software checks reciprocating links on a regular basis and web sites found with no link, moved or removed to our site will be automatically wiped from our links page without notification. unfortunately we have had some site owners with very poor manners not honouring reciprocal link exchange.
- Q 11: Can I move the Teaching Treasures link to another area of my web site?
- A: Yes, but please notify us because our link checking software checks reciprocated links on a regular basis and web sites found with deleted, moved or removed links will be automatically wiped from our links page without notification. We can update our database easily so your valued link remains on our links page.
- Q 12: Why has my link been removed from the Teaching Treasures links page?
- A: Our link checking software checks reciprocated links on a regular basis and web sites found with deleted, moved or removed links will be automatically wiped from our links page without notification. If you want your link added again please contact us with the exact url where our link can be found. Your link, if suitable... will be added immediately once we have verified the reciprocal link.
- Q 13: Can I place Teaching Treasures links in my own member's area?
- A: No! We do not allow our web pages (pdf, html, java, flash, xhtml or any other of our copyright material) to be framed or hidden in restricted member's areas of other web sites. However, you may link to any of our pages as long as it opens a new window outside your member's area and it is not in a framed page and your web site users can clearly recognize that our pages are not mistaken for your property. If you link to, copy or frame any of our pages and place these in your restricted member's area you are breaching copyright. Should we find out, legal action will be taken.
- Q 14: I believe Teaching Treasures has the wrong answer displayed on an online activity, can it be corrected?
- A: Please double check the question and answer you think are incorrect. Reference a dictionary or encyclopedia if possible before contacting us to make sure of your facts. We will double check to make sure all activities are accurate. If you prove that our answer is incorrect, we are more than happy to correct it and we will thank you for your correction.
- Q 15: My questions is not here, what can I do?
- A: If you can't find an answer to your question, please contact us and we will respond as soon as possible. Make sure your questions are relative to our site and its purpose. We do not have the time to answer student questions about subjects they are studying. We are not here to do your homework and your research!
- Q 16: Why do I not get a written response to my emails?
- A: Teaching Treasures is operated by a very busy working family. We do not have very much time to advice or research issues which you may be concerned about. We display educational online activities, and resources for you to view and purchase we will answer questions related to the purchase of our products. We occasionally will respond to some other urgent queries though.
The Teacher Assistant Software
Support, Frequently Asked Questions & Trouble Shooting
PDF Documents - Why can't I open the pdf documents with acrobat® reader?
Sometimes older versions of acrobat® reader don't work with newer versions. You need to re-install an updated version of acrobat® reader on your computer. Re-install acrobat® reader. This should solve any problems. Please uninstall the old version of Acrobat reader before you install the new version. Printing & Sharing - Can I print and share The Teacher Assistant software resources with others?
No! You will be breaching copyright if you share resources retrieved from the Teacher Assistant software. Only the owner of a licensed legal copy are allowed to print the material and use it for their immediate students regarded as 30 students only under the old license. Please read our current terms and conditions >>>
Software Patches - Have you got software patches for the Teacher Assistant?
Not at this stage.
Back to FAQ
Pictures or Pages - Why won't the pictures display?
Update the page by clicking 'Refresh' on your toolbar. Repeat this if pictures or page still doesn't display. Click 'Back' arrow to return to the page you were just viewing. Some browser versions have problems displaying graphics from time to time.
Pictures missing interactive activities - Why are there X boxes displayed on some interactive pages?
For some interactive activities it may be desirable to click the 'Clear' button at the bottom of the page in order to display the page properly. Some browser versions have problems, from time to time, displaying graphics.
Printing - Why won't my document print?
Turn your printer on. Click 'Print' from the toolbar. Select the correct printer options for your printer. If the document still can't be printed, consult your printer's manual.
Acrobat® Reader - Why can't I view or print the pdf's?
To view and print the pdf's you need Acrobat® Reader 5 or later, installed on your computer. You can download this for free from the Internet http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
If you are not connected to the Internet, you can install Acrobat® Reader from a CD provided with many PC-Magazines, available from newsagents or supermarkets. You can also check your local library for the latest issue of a PC-Magazine and install Acrobat® Reader from the CD.
Java® Plug-in - Why can't I access an interactive activity.
Some interactive activities require the Java® Plug-in which should have been installed with the initial installation. Try to re-install The Teacher Assistant. Should the problem continue try the following: Follow the onscreen instructions displayed when you access the activity, if you are connected to the Internet, or visit http://java.sun.com/products/plug in If you are not connected to the Internet you can install the Java® Plug-in from a CD provided with many PC-Magazines, available from newsagents or supermarkets. You can also check your local library for the latest issue of a PC-Magazine and install the Java® Plug-in from the CD.
Internet - Why does the Internet connection activate?
If you are connected to the Internet and you have clicked on an active link, your computer will ask if you want to connect to the Internet. Simply select your choice and continue. If you are not connected to the Internet simply close the box.
Technical Support - What technical support do I receive?
To receive technical support, you must register your product. Should you encounter problems please write to Technical Support via the current email address given at: http://www.teachingtreasures.com.au
Registration - Do I have to register this product?
It is always a good idea to register your software products. Original proof of purchase is required should your product be faulty. This product is warranted for twelve months from the date of receipt. If this software product performs unsatisfactorily due to a manufacturing fault it can be returned to the place of purchase for repair or replacement, entirely at the discretion of the manufacturer. If you haven't registered your product you can do so by printing the registration card from the CD ROM. Post it to Teaching Treasures Publications we will provide the address once you have emailed us.
Installation - Why can't I re-install the software?
Successive installations of this product is allowed. Special copyright protection software accompanying this product allows installation but you will need the original cd to activate the product. Should you encounter problems installing the software initially or re-installing it on a hard drive please contact technical support via the email address given at: http://www.teachingtreasures.com.au
Before contacting technical support please check that you have the correct computer requirements as specified on the back cover of the product. Microsoft ® Windows® 98, ME, 2000, Windows® XP home or XP pro. Pentium® 166 MHz or better. 32Mb RAM or more. 200Mb hard disk space. 12x CD Rom drive or better. 800 x 600 monitor resolution. 16 Bit colour or better. Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 4 or better. Mouse. Printer. Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 5 or better.
IE browser - Why is the browser not working properly?
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 4 or better must be used in order for this software to run properly. If you are connected to the Internet you can download the latest IE browser from http://www.microsoft.com/ie/. You can also install the latest IE browser from a CD provided with many PC-Magazines, available from newsagents or supermarkets. You can also check your local library for the latest issue of a PC-Magazine and install the latest IE browser from the CD.
Copy and paste - Can I copy text and pictures?
The original purchaser can copy and paste the content of this CD product only for their immediate students use up to 30 students the license is not transferable. Pictures can not be copied and pasted elsewhere, however, these may be printed for educational purposes, by selecting the 'Print' option from your toolbar. Please see the terms and conditions on the CD ROM program.
The Spelling Tutor Software
Support, Frequently Asked Questions & Trouble Shooting
Q: After I login, I get the message 'page cannot be displayed', What is wrong?
A: You may have a program operating in the background that may be blocking access to the download area of our site. switch of any program that may do this. Some known programs are firewall's and popup blocking programs etc. If you are connected to a network, the proxy server may be blocking access to the activation area.
Q: Do I need to unzip the spelling tutor .jar file after downloading?
A: No. If you have an unzip program which is trying to unzip the .jar file disassociate the unzip program with the .jar files To start the spelling tutor program, just double click on the .jar file icon and the program will initiate.
Q: When I double click on the .jar file icon the spelling tutor does not work.
A: It appears that you may not have installed the Java plug-in correctly or not at all. You need the Java plug-in to run the spelling tutor. To download click here>>> http://java.sun.com/products/plugin
Q: I can't activate the software, what am I doing wrong?
A: You must be connected to the Internet for this program to be activated. If you don't have an Internet connection you will not be able to activate this program.