Chooks or Fowl Project Instructions:
- Locate books about chickens at your
library and read them.
- Find out some different varieties of
chickens and locate pictures of these particular breeds.
- Find out where in the world chickens
live or originated.
- Search the Internet for chickens,
chooks or fowl.
- Visit a chicken farm. If this is not possible,
try to search the Internet for a chicken farm web site.
- Observe what happens at the chicken
farm. Make notes.
- Write a short story about what you've
- Draw a picture of a hen or rooster.
Make sure to put male or female detail in your drawing.
- Find out what an incubator is.
- Try to locate someone who owns an
incubator and ask them to explain how it works.
- Borrow an incubator and hatch eggs.
(Only if you can find a good home for the chicks once they hatch.)
- Collect feathers and glue them on a
drawing of a chicken.
- Make a chicken collage.
- Find out what's inside an egg. Crack
one open and identify the following parts: shell - membrane - chalaza -
albumen - germ spot - yolk - air chamber.
©2003 Copyright Teaching Treasures ™ Publications