Develop students interest on how things work by letting them take old appliances apart.
What you need:
- old appliances (E.g. radio, toaster, toys, bike, torch, hairdryer or record player.)
- large working table
Safety is always a priority. Cut off all power cords before students
work on or take apart any of the electrical appliances.
What to do:
- Display appliances as a technology project in your class.
- On a separate table students can take apart some appliances and check out for themselves what's on the inside.
- All the odd components can be used by the students to make a special work of art.
- The parts could also be turned into a robot or a super machine of some kind.
This project is suitable for all ages under strict supervision.
Primary students Nicky and Sam from Western Australia
having a go at some hands-on technology.
(by Ingrid Griggs)