Years ago there were pirates who sailed in ships around the world. At times they would steal silver, gold and other things from passing ships. Captain Blackbeard was a famous pirate. Most people were scared of him because he was not a nice man.
Make a pirate costume
- Collect old, strange looking clothes and turn these into pirate clothes.
- Cut out an eye-patch using black material or black paper.
- Tie your eye-patch with a string around your head like the pirate above.
- Use a scarf or colourful strip of material as a head band.
- You can make a pirate's mask if you want by using a paper plate. Cut holes for the eyes, nose and mouth. Decorate it. Tie it with string around your head.
- Make a sword from stiff cardboard.
- You can even make a 'hook'. Tuck one hand inside a long sleeved jumper and hold on to your hook. Make sure your hand doesn't show!
Play a Pirate's game once everybody has made their costume.
Copyright All pages on this site are copyright property of Teaching Treasures™ Publications