©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications Materials needed:
What to do:
- A3 paper
- willow charcoal
- kneadable rubber
- pencils 2B(light) 4B(dark) 6B(darker) and 8B(darkest)
- hat and a shoe
- log with bark
- Hang the hat on the back of a kitchen chair.
- Hang the spotlight above your hat to get effective lighting.
- Use faint lines first and sketch the hat with pencil.
- Do not sketch the entire chair, only a small part where the hat hangs on.
- Try to draw the curves of the hat by using shadow and light.
- Finish your drawing using your charcoal effectively.
- Try sketching a shoe which is sitting next to a log.
- You can look at the shoe from any angle you like. The example below is the back view of a shoe.
- Again....use your charcoal effectively and get those shadows and lighter bits in.
- Try to get that 'bark' texture look .... back