©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications
Contour drawing means placing your pencil on the paperMaterials needed:
and drawing without taking the pencil from the page.
What to do:
- A3 paper
- board to clip paper on or an easel
- 2B or 4B pencil
- Go outside and start to draw leaves, trees or someone's face.
- Start to draw on the paper without looking, only look at the part you are drawing.
- The leaves can be very good to draw because you get a feeling for these.
- When drawing leaves start at the top of the page.
- Copying someone's face on paper can be very hard and messy but extremely funny.
- You could also draw a landscape or a house.
- Don't do shading, just draw the outline.
- You can look back onto your drawing to start at another point, don't take your pencil off the page to much.
- No erasers are used. Your drawing will look messy, but don't try to fix it and don't worry about perspective. The idea of this drawing method is to train hand to brain co-ordination and have fun ... back