©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications
What to do:
- A3 paper
- board to clip paper on or use an easel
- 2B pencil
- black drawing ink
- water container
- ink container
- paint brush with a pointed tip
- frame, wine bottles, vase of flowers, pot plant or branch, box and a spotlight
- Set up a display with the frame, wine bottles, vase of flowers, pot plant or branch and box.
- Place a spotlight above the display.
- Start drawing using the 2B pencil, do a light sketch first. You don't have to draw the whole display you can just sketch one part of it.
- When you've drawn the display with pencil start painting with the black ink.
- You can thin the ink with a little water if you want a lighter shade.
- When you do the vase with flowers, try not to do each individual leaf or flower but try to do some of the marks you learnt in lesson 13.
- Do the shading on the display but add water with ink if the shadow is light ... back