©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications
What to do:
- A3 paper
- 2B and 8B pencil
- spotlight or lamp
- apples or pears, shells, towels or sheets, cut open tomatoes, lettuce or cabbage.
- Set up a display with the apples or pears and the cut open fruits and vegetables.
- place the sheets or towels on the table and add the fruit on top.
- Put a spotlight above the display.
- Start the drawing by using the 2B pencil, do a light sketch first to get everything in place on your page. You don't have to draw the whole display you can just sketch one part of it.
- When you've finished your sketch with the light pencil you can use darker pencils or charcoal for the shading and detail.
- When you have finished the display drawing, try drawing one object like a shell or the cut open tomato as shown at the top of this page ... back