A student's view of a veranda looking into a room.
©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures PublicationsMaterials needed:
What to do:
- pencils 2B(light) 4B(dark) 6B(darker) and 8B(darkest)
- eraser and ruler
- cartridge paper
- Choose a still life object to draw outside. This can be a building, a chimney on a roof, a street scene or you can sit on a veranda and draw the veranda, see example above.
- Using cartridge paper, start with a 2B pencil which will make nice light lines.
- Once you have the basic lines on paper start filling in detail with a 4B pencil, continue shading darker areas with 6B and 8B pencils for the darkest shadows.
- Make sure you give your drawing a 3D effect, draw in perspective.... back