©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications
What to do:
- A4 or A3 paper
- 2B pencils and 4B pencils
- cardboard boxes of various sizes
- books to place on top of boxes
- ruler and eraser
- Place cardboard boxes on a table so that the corners are facing you, place books on top of the boxes. Find the horizon line, or the eye line on the boxes with a protractor.
- If the parallel lines on a box are going upwards then hold the protractor base downwards. Put the middle of the protractor on the corner of the box being drawn and measure the parallel lines.
- If the parallel lines are going downwards then you hold the protractor upside down with the middle the protractor on the corner of the box, then measure those parallel lines.
- Use a ruler to draw straight lines. Make sure your drawing is not to large or you won't fit everything on the paper.
- After you have finished the boxes and books then you can add shading and make the lines darker with your 4B pencil.
- This lesson is a review of lesson four, mainly learning how to use the protractor the right way and drawing lines in perspective.... back