©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications Materials needed:
What to do:
- A3 paper
- 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B pencils
- normal eraser or kneadable rubber
- board to clip the paper on, or an easel
- viewer (see lesson 7 how to make a viewer if you don't have one)
- clean, dry hip or shoulder bone of a large animal like a cow
- small log with bark
- spot light
- table to place the display on
- Arrange the bone, handsaw and wooden log on the table.
- Draw this display looking at it from the first angle.
- Use light pencil markings first before you begin shading the darker areas.
- Use kneadable rubber to highlight where the light falls.
- Try making the bark on the log look like bark.
- Draw the same display again but this time change position.
- Drawing the display from various angles will make your drawing look very different, see examples above... back