- Ask students to explore the garden.
- Carefully lift rocks to observe who might be living there.
- Part bushes slightly to get a good look inside.
- Each student is required to paint one of the mini-beasts observed in the garden. (e.g. spider, bug, beetle, ant, bee)
- They are then required to research more about the mini-beast they painted, choose appropriate library books.
- Identify insects by looking at insect books.
- The Internet may be used as well.
Copyright 2000. All pages on this site are copyright property of Teaching Treasures™ Publications.