The World Traveller's Preparation Guideline - Activity Sheet 2
Once you've worked out your budget good preparation and planning is necessary if you want to enjoy your dream holiday. Check out the following questions and research as much information as you can. Use the Internet, travel agencies and your local library to gather information.
Collect the following information from the web sites you visit:
- travelling costs
- cost per night, week for accommodation e.g. hotel, motel, caravan park, hostel etc.
- safety issues and warnings to remember
- travel insurance
- places to visit
- seasons, weather patterns
- transportation facilities, how to get from A to B
- cultural awareness, language, the do’s and don’ts
- cost of food and health and any additional personal expenses
Points to consider when travelling to another country:
- Ticket arrangements
- Travel insurance
- Health issues
- Food quality and availability
- Time difference
- Your budget
- Are you travelling by foot, bike, car, train, boat, ship or plane?
- How do you get to the airport, harbour or train station?
- What accommodation will you require?
- Time spent walking, flying, driving or cruising.
- Seasons (which is the best time to travel)
- Money cash, travellers cheques, credit card.
- Are you travelling alone or in a group?
- Custom officials and departure costs.
- Cultural values that need to be known.
- Contact details in case of an emergency.
- You may require extra personal things to take with you. E.g. wheelchair, medication etc.
Try to utilize pictures downloaded from the Internet (keep copyright intact) or obtain travel brochures from travel agencies.
© Copyright All pages on this site are copyright property of Teaching Treasures™ Publications