©Copyright 2000 Teaching Treasures Publications Materials needed:
What to do:
- A4 or A3 paper
- 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B pencils
- cardboard boxes of various sizes
- ruler and eraser
- Place cardboard boxes on a table so that the corners are facing you, then find the horizon line or the eye line on the boxes.
- If you can see the top of the box then the horizon line is above the box on the paper.
- f you can not see the top of the box on the table, then the horizon line is lower on the paper and the top of the box you are drawing is over the horizon line.
- Use a 2B pencil to do a rough sketch. When you have done a rough sketch you can make your drawing darker by using 4B 6B and 8B pencils, also for creating shadows.
- Once you have mastered drawing simple boxes, go outside and choose a corner of a building, house or shed and draw it in double point perspective.
- Make sure you put one vanishing point on each end of the horizon line. All lines that are parallel go back to those same vanishing points. This will make your drawing look 3D and in perspective.... back